Pride Month Reads
I found myself reading and enjoying books which I had never considered picking up before thanks to #thequiltbagreadathon and #readwithpride . Here are my favourite queer books which I read this month:
🌈 Detransition, Baby- The story of a queer family and their plans to raise a child. I held on to my hopes till the end but the ending was something really unexpected. I guess the author was trying to be honest- that's how things work. The queer community don't have it easy.
Rating- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🌈 On Earth We are Briefly Gorgeous- It took time to get into the book but the patience was worth it. I wrote my ramblings in a previous post. Do check it out!
Rating- ⭐⭐⭐⭐
🌈 Girl, Woman, Other- A beautiful book about the lives of twelve British mostly coloured. Prize winning books usually don't work for me but I am so happy that this one did not disappoint. This is one book that everyone should read.
Rating- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🌈 Beartown- A beautiful, heartbreaking book. Though its not a typical queer book it drives home a powerful message. Backman never disappoints. I read this one for #thebackmanbookclub
Rating- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐( I would give it a hundred stars if I could)

Comments
Post a Comment